Ready to pull, just need someone to show you the ropes? You got it! From signing up to pull rules and prizes, we’ve got you covered.
Step 1: Find Your Nearest Event
Step 2: Build a Team!
Once you’ve registered yourself you’ll officially be ready to start building your teams and fundraising for Pulling for Pets while you’re at it!
Step 3: Ready? Set? Pull!
Ready to flex your muscles? Here are all the “Pull Rules” to follow so you and your team know exactly what to expect!
- First puller MUST be behind the safety mark on the rope
- No tying or looping of the rope – grab on and pull together
- Each team gets two pulls
- Pull is over when the front wheels of the truck reach the finish line
- Start at the whistle, stop at the whistle
- If the truck doesn’t budge after 30 seconds, time’s up
- No spiked or cleated shoes – they’re a danger to your fellow pullers
- Excessive cheering encouraged – just keep it clean and considerate
- Fastest time wins!
What to wear tip: Comfortable athletic wear and closed toe shoes with tread. We recommend bringing gloves (although they aren’t required).
Step 4: Enjoy the Prizes
Teams will be competing for the bronze, silver, and gold – and for prizes like most dough raised and best team costumes. It’s going to be AH-mazing.